The Boarding Schools' Association aims to champion boarding and promote boarding excellence
National Boarding Week - June 18 - 24, 2018
Celebrate boarding get involved! #iloveboarding
In June for the third year running the Boarding Schools’ Association is hosting National Boarding Week. A week of fun activities designed to celebrate and promote boarding schools and communities around the world. Schools are invited to take part in the BSA national events and are also encouraged to arrange their own celebration activities!
Activities could include:
- Boarding Hat Day - take part in children's charity Barnardo's Hat Day by having your boarders don their favourite (or weird and whacky) hats and raise money for children in need. Tweet your photos with the tag #nationalboardingweek
- Why I love boarding - The BSA is running our first ‘Why I Love Boarding’ competition - with the winner receiving a £200 Go Ape voucher, sponsored by School Notices! To enter, all your pupils need to do is tell us, in 25 words or less, why they love boarding. Submissions can be written, filmed, or recorded. Entries will be tweeted by the BSA throughout National Boarding Week. Submissions close on Sunday 24 June, with the winner being announced via Twitter on Friday 29 June. To enter, please click here.
One entry per student, all entries must be done by an individual, group entries will not go into the draw. Competition open to UK applicants only.
- Big Boarding Sleep – encourage day students to come and stay for the night to get a taste of what boarding is really like
- Boarding bake off competition
- Boarders Run the UK - We want every boarder in the UK to run, walk or at least move one mile during the week. We will then announce how far our boarders have run!
- Big Boarding Bop – organise a school disco with proceeds going to Barnardo’s
Let BSA know your plans, we’d love to hear from you and see your photos!
Happy boarding! #iloveboarding
Download a copy of NBW poster