BSA has always been committed to outstanding boarding practice in member schools to achieve the best possible outcomes for every boarder.
BSA Accredited Boarding Practitioner status is an individual recognition of those boarding staff who are making a personal, professional commitment to best boarding practice. To be considered, all applicants are expected to meet the following core commitments:
• Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
• Achieving the best boarding practice and the best outcomes for boarders
• Reflecting on practice and undertaking regular training
• Working collaboratively with other boarding colleagues.
Any member of staff who works in boarding can apply once the minimum criteria for the different Accredited Practitioner levels are met.
There are four levels:
• LEVEL 1 – A boarding member of staff who has completed at least one year in boarding, undertaken key training and met the key commitments
• LEVEL 2 – Someone who has worked in boarding for at least three years, met the key commitments and completed the BSA Certificate Course or equivalent
• LEVEL 3 – A person managing boarding, or an aspect of boarding, within their own school, has served for a total of seven years in boarding, consistently met the key commitments, and has completed the BSA Diploma Course or equivalent
• LEVEL 4 – Someone who has been a boarding practitioner for 12 years or more, has consistently met the key commitments, has completed the BSA Diploma or equivalent, and has made a significant contribution to boarding beyond their own setting, for example as a course tutor or similar.
Please follow the links below to download:
• Information pack
• Application form
• Professional endorsement form.
Applications may be submitted by email or by post.
The application form will ask for details of boarding experience, training, key safeguarding information and a brief personal statement. In addition, all applicants at practitioner and professional status will require an endorsement by the person responsible for boarding within the school. Managers and leaders will require an equivalent professional endorsement.
• Level 1 - £50 (inc. VAT)
• Level 2 - £100 (inc. VAT)
• Level 3 - £150 (inc. VAT)
• Level 4 - £200 (inc. VAT)
Once granted, status is permanent, unless moving up to the next level, but recipients will be invited to update their portfolio of information annually.