About the scheme
The Boarding Schools’ Association (BSA) champions boarding and promotes boarding excellence. The BSA is the largest association of boarding schools in the world and represents more than 600 independent and state boarding schools, over 500 of which are based in the UK.
The BSA and our member schools are looking to work with the best educational guardians and our Certiﬁed Guardian Scheme is an assurance of professional quality.
This training and certiﬁcation programme provides assurance to BSA boarding schools that they are dealing with educational guardians who have the highest standards in the safeguarding of children, safer recruitment and training of staﬀ and host families, and careful liaison with parents and schools. The scheme is a clear demonstration to BSA boarding schools of the quality and intention of the educational guardians who reach certiﬁed status.
Under the current Covid 19 situation, all BSA Certified Guardians follow the BSA Covid-Safe Charter for Guardians
The BSA Certified Guardian Scheme provides members with:
- The BSA assurance of professional quality
- Access to the full BSA membership, an internationally recognised and renowned organisation with over 600 member schools
- Certiﬁcation and use of the BSA Certiﬁed Guardian logo
- Free listing on the BSA website
- An e-introduction to our member schools in our weekly newsletter
- Free listing in, and copy of, the biannual ‘BSA Guide to Boarding’ and the termly ‘Boarding School’ magazine
- Regular updates from BSA on training and changes to legislation including National Minimum Standards, UKVI and other key information
- Discounted access to BSA conferences, events and training
- Two free places annually on our guardian training days
Please click here to download the BSA CERTIFIED GUARDIAN SCHEME BOOKLET
Please click here to download the BSA CERTIFIED GUARDIAN SCHEME APPLICATION FORM
For more information
Please contact the BSA team via +44 (0)207 798 1580 or email@example.com.
The following organisations have successfully obtained BSA Certified Guardian status: