We are looking for an experienced and qualified SENCO to join our unique and thriving school. This is an exciting position which would suit a highly motivated person to work in a supportive environment. This is a vital and important role within Buckswood School and as such requires a SEN practitioner who is both highly motivated and dedicated.
Your main responsibilities would be as follows;
- Assessment/monitoring/facilitating of the progress of our SEND/G&T pupils. You will report to the Head of Teaching and Learning
- Manage our INA provision
- Co-ordinate CAT testing, liaising with the Exams Officer and Head of Teaching and Learning, as required
- Data input and analysis, putting in place timely interventions/writing IEPs for SEND pupils as required.
- Observe SEND/G&T pupils in class, providing training and support, as required, for teachers, to help them stretch & challenge these pupils, thus enabling them to make sustained and significant progress
- Attend and report to welfare, behaviour, SEND/Pupil progress meetings
- Chair DEAL meetings (differentiation, and EAL) and direct our ‘DEAL ambassadors’. You will attend LA and LAC meetings as required.
- Run ‘study skills’ training for pupils and teachers, as required
- Provide in-class support, based on pupil/teacher need
Please vist our vaccany page at https://buckswood.careers.eteach.com to apply