We are looking for a Head Chef to join our team!
Study Group is a global education company based in Brighton. Our flagship Study Centre is a large international private education facility in the centre of the city. We are looking for an exceptional Head Chef to join our team to be responsible for overseeing the production of innovative and healthy fresh food - delivered to a consistently high standard to a diverse range of International customers. Our operation includes breakfast, lunch and dinner services, grab & go hospitality and occasional events. We are a 7 day operation serving up around 4000 covers per week to the students and staff of the college.
This is an ideal position for an experienced Head Chef who will take ownership of the kitchen and be instrumental in the development of our food offering, with a passion to drive quality fresh food and innovation. Importantly you’ll need to be a pro-active and confident leader able to train, motivate and lead the established team.
The successful applicant will be highly versed in Food Safety, HACCP, COSSH and Health and Safety and be dedicated to exceptional standards in this area
- To take full operational responsibility for food production and services including hands on as required
- To ensure food production is of the highest standard, improving and maintaining customer satisfaction by offering quality products that are of good value, seasonal, healthy, well presented and innovative
- To ensure that all services are available at the required time and meet the agreed standards able to adapt to a changing workload and be flexible to the business needs
- To take full responsibility for stock management including purchasing, storage, monthly stock takes and wastage.
- To have a pro-active and thorough approach to the management of Food Safety and Health and Safety maintaining exceptional standards in this area in line with legislation and company policy.
- Effectively manage cost of sales/budget to required targets through efficient purchasing, stock management and the pro-active control of wastage
- Ensure all gross margins are achieved and to be accountable for any fluctuations and results. Obtain a clear understanding of the set budgets and develop menus in line with those budgets.
- To effectively manage, train and lead the kitchen team ensuring a motivated, efficient and organised team
- To promote and maintain good working relationships between the kitchen, front of house and other catering outlets and to raise the profile of the catering services provided at UK Study Group.
- Proven experience in Kitchen operations as a Head Chef or Strong Senior Sous preferably within education/contract catering
- Strong craft background able to innovate and maintain high standards across the offer including hot food service, grab & go, salad bar, buffets etc. Experience and strong interest in International food is desirable as well as knowledge of healthy eating concepts
- Excellent communicator with an exemplary professional approach able to build relationships with various stakeholders around the college
- Organised and pro-active with a dedication to exceptional standards of practice within Food hygiene and Health & Safety legislation
- Sound financial acumen with sound knowledge of products and costing both commercial and cost per head
- It literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and recipe management software an advantage
- Catering qualifications to NVQ level 3 & Food Hygiene or equivalent experience
- 40hr per week contract worked between 7am-7pm and approx. 1 weekend in 3.
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Holidays: 25 days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Commitment to training and development of staff.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this role, please follow this link- https://studygroupuk.applytojob.com/apply/RsOfdFJtU7/Head-Chef