14 Nov 2017 10:30 - 14 Nov 2017 15:30
Pitchside first aid
Date: November 14, 2017
Why you should attend A seminar to build understanding of common adolescent sporting injuries and how the mechanism of injury gives us clues to the ‘best practice’ treatment pathway for optimum recovery and return to sport. To understand the role of rehabilitation at primary level (self) and secondary level (physio) and recognise the importance of red flags and when to refer for further investigation.
- Legal responsibilities and current legislation
- limitations of role and when to get help
- Contents of a pitchside kit and availability of resuscitation equipment
- Accident assessment: unconscious patient, suspect spinal fracture, and serious injury e.g. fracture or dislocation
- Concussion, immediate assessment and care, advice for parents and when to return to sport.
Venue: International Students House, 229 Great Portland Street, W1W 5PN
Cost: Member £200