15 Jan 2020 - 15 Jan 2020
Taking on a new Boarding House
Date: January 15, 2020
Venue: Melia White House Hotel, Albany Street, Regent's Park, London, NW1 3UP
Cost: Member £210 / Non-member £260
Audience: Boarding staff
Why should you attend?
This seminar will explore the many factors and issues associated with taking on a new Boarding House. Promotion to Houseparent and the associated responsibility for running a House is an exciting prospect, however it can also be a stressful period.
This seminar will provide an opportunity to review and consider key issues relating to students, staff, policies and procedures as well as the demands of managing the physical building itself.
- Key policies, procedures and protocol
- Risk assessment, safeguarding and compliance
- Reviewing current provision
- Creating a development plan
- Developing a House identity
- Selling your House – marketing boarding.