05 Mar 2020 - 05 Mar 2020
The 5 step: solutions to personal wellbeing
Date: March 05, 2020
Venue: Queenswood School, Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park, Hatfield, AL9 6NS
Cost: Member £210 / Non-member £260
Audience: PREP AGE FOCUS. Boarding staff, Head of Boarding, Deputy Head
Why should you attend?
This seminar is for all professionals to understand and identify areas of vulnerability and to be able to work directly with all pupils regarding solutions to bullying, stress, anger and anxiety. The 5 step is a comprehensive personal wellbeing programme to maximise academic and personal success.
The aim of the day is to improve all practitioners’ skills in working effectively with pupils who require additional support in developing life skills to effectively deal with tricky situations and emotional stress.
Tackling current situations and scenarios; friendship skills, bullying defence tools, developing positive mental health, this practical seminar will provide delegates with the resources and confidence to work through a step-by-step toolkit that provides solution focused strategies to support young people. These can be used for group work or one-to-one work and delegates will be taken through developing best practice participation, listening and reflective skills and sharing their knowledge to create a holistic approach to building a pupil’s identity and wellbeing.
- The importance of personal wellbeing
- Developing resilience, control and building self-esteem
- Stress and anger: consequences
- Solutions to stress and anger
Outcomes and resources:
By the end of the seminar, delegates will:
- Understand the definition, cause and cycle and effect of vulnerability in today’s society
- Understand the importance of building relationships with pupils based on strong listening and questioning skills, challenging negative behaviour and promoting respect
- Be able to demonstrate the power of body language and leadership skills through interactive and creative activities with pupils
- Enable pupils to grow in self-confidence using tools developed through The 5 Step.
Speaker: Julie Wilkinson, Brave the Rage
A proven and dedicated public sector trainer and consultant providing successful strategic positive partnership for varying international and UK charities, primary and secondary schools including state and independent and boarding, Local Authorities, Universities and Corporates.
Brave the Rage delivers bespoke anti-bullying, anger management, peer mentor and life skills training sessions for pupils, parents and academic/pastoral professionals. All workshops and training sessions are outcome focussed and are delivered through role plays, icebreakers, games, quizzes and movie clips.