07 Nov 2019 - 07 Nov 2019
Date: November 07, 2019
Time: 11am - 3pm
Venue: St George's School for Girls, Edinburgh
THE SCOTLAND FORUM IS SPONSORED BY CHARTWELLS
11:45am: Boarding House Tour
1:15pm: Forum Meeting:
2. Chartwells (forum sponsor)
3. BSA update
4. SCIS update / Building the ‘Scottish Boarding’ brand
5. Discussion topics:
- Draft quality framework for mainstream boarding schools and school hostels
- Staff well-being and pressure points: how are schools managing them?
- Strategies for overseas pupil integration at the start of terms
- Events: on site, off site, alcohol? managing staff and pupils
- Professional development: what do schools do well and what best practice can be shared?
- European trends: Brexit and the mood-music from our European boarders.
7. Date and venue of next meeting
BSA regional forums allow its members to network, to discuss both local and national issues about boarding. At each forum a BSA staff member briefs delegates on developments in the boarding sector. These meetings also provide members an opportunity to share best practice. BSA forums are open to all boarding staff and the mixture of attendees usually makes for even more interesting discussions
To join us, please use the "book now" button to add yourself to the attendee list.
If you have any questions about BSA Forums, please contact Head of Member Services, Chris Ryan, via email@example.com.